Living in Swansea.
tel: 07971 219 848
email: email@example.com | website: www.petera.co.uk | LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/peterandersonuk/
I am a very capable and enthusiastic individual with great deal of life experience. I am able to work well on my own initiative and as part of a team. I have proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives. I have strong analytical, design and problem solving skills and am dedicated to maintaining high quality standards. I thrive on new challenges and learning new skills and enjoy working with and helping other people reach their goals.
- Colleges Wales Award Finalist 2014
- Times Education Supplement Award Finalist 2014
- Digital Entrepreneur Award Finalist 2013
- Revolutionary Award finalist in the Prime Minister’s Social Innovations Awards 2008
- Created from scratch, Pembrokeshire’s “Restaurant of the Year”, 2005/06.
- Created from scratch, one of South West Wales’ leading IT & technical support companies.
- Created possibly the first triple decker bus in the world!
- Sailed across the Atlantic.
|2009/ongoing – Shire Web Development
- Specialising in building high functionality websites at very affordable prices, largely for the social sector.
- Capacity building with local organisations, helping them on their journey from web 1.0 (static) to web 2.0 (interactive), with web 3.0 (personalised) to follow shortly!
- Focused on training, placement opportunities and job creation in partnership with local education providers.
Shire Web Development: Building websites that can do just about anything for next to nothing!
VocalEyes: Advanced online engagement & participation tools for any organisation, group or community.
|2007/ongoing – VocalEyes
- Colleges Wales Finalist 2014
- Times Education Supplement Finalist 2014
- Digital Entrepreneur Finalist 2013
- Building advanced democratic and bottom up decision making tools, accessible to all groups and communities
- Over 150k of grants received between 2007 and 2014
- Support from Ministry of Justice, Somerset County Council, NESTA,
- Established in Pembrokeshire, Neath Port Talbot, Lakes Cumbria colleges & Trinity St Davids University amongst other schools, groups, businesses and communities.
|2003/ongoing – LocalEyes
- Building a comprehensive local social network for all UK communities
- 50k of grants received between 2006 and 2008
- Support from NESTA, UnLtd, WCVA, Citizens Online
- Nominated for “The Revolutionary Award” in the Prime Minister’s UK awards for Social Innovation 2008
LocalEyes: A Comprehensive, Local Social Network
The Studio: Music Workshops
|2006/08 – The Studio, Music Workshops
- Vocal and instrumental music workshops
|2005 – Tsunami Appeal CD
- Compiled 15 acoustic acts based in Pembrokeshire to create this “Acoustic Sessions” CD
- Currently in the process of selling our target of 2000 CDs with the hope of raising over £20,000
- 999 seater Gig organised for March 5th, 2005 will launch the CD and raise another £10,000 for the appeal
Tsunami Appeal CD
Nautilus Cafe, Bar & Restaurant
|2004/05 – Nautilus Cafe, Bar & Restaurant
- Setup cafe, bar & restaurant from breeze block & concrete shell in 5 months
- Won Pembrokeshire’s “Restaurant of the Year” 2005/06
|2004/ongoing – The Shire Initiative
- Founder of the Shire Initiative, an incubator for innovative community building projects.
The Shire Initiative
Widow Twankeys Laundrette
|2003/04 – Widow Twankeys Laundrette
- Refurbished, re branded & re marketed this thriving laundrette in Prendergast, Haverfordwest
|1999/2004 – Buzinet Solutions
- Founded & managed all aspects of what is now one of the leading web design, hosting & technical support company in South West Wales
Hoochie Coochie Blues Band
|2002/03 – The Hoochie Coochie Blues Band
- Saxophonist in this blues band
- Became very popular on the Pembrokeshire music scene with our highlight being our support gig for Dr. Feel Good
|1998/99 – Combined Insurance Company of America, (Pembs. district).
- Selling personal accident insurance.
- Awarded top salesman in Pembrokeshire.
|1997/98 – 3D Event Management, Melton Mowbray, Leics.
- Set up own business managing the coordination of public events
“3D” Double Decker Diner
|1996/98 – ’3D’ Double Decker Diner
- Set up own business by converting a derelict double decker bus into a mobile restaurant.
- Successfully managed the business, catering for events such as Glastonbury Festival, (backstage for the bands and crew), Bristol Balloon Fiesta, Weston Park and Longleat Safari Park.
|1997/98 – Staybrite windows. (Leicester branch).
- Awarded top salesman nationwide.
|1995/96 – West Wales Windsurfing and Sailing, Dale, Pembs, Wales.
- In charge of running all advanced sailing, windsurfing, catamaran, powerboat and maintenance courses.
- Offered the position of management.
Hobie sailing in Dale, Pembrokeshire
|1994/95 – Alaskan Tours, Juneau, Alaska, U.S.A.
- Selling a wide variety of different Alaskan tours.
- Promoted to sales manager in charge of a team of 5 other reps.
1993/94 – Ka-anapali Sailing Center, Lahina, Maui, U.S.A.
- Guiding whale watching trips and teaching on catamarans.
- Senior instructor, managing 4 hotel sites with 8 staff.
1992/93 – Radisson Le Flamboyant, St. Martin, Caribbean, U.S.A.
- Entertaining and looking after the well-being of between 300 and 500 guests.
- Head entertainer, organizing all activities and entertainment, including on stage performances with 3 staff.
1992/93 – Moorings Yacht Deliveries, St Martin, Caribbean, U.S.A.
- Delivering 40/60ft yachts.
- Atlantic crossing made from France via the Canary Islands to Antigua.
- Skippered 6 deliveries in-between the Caribbean islands.
1988/92 – Sunsail International, Portsmouth, U.K.
- Teaching all kinds of sailing activities.
- Managing and head chef the summer children’s’ campsite.
All manor of advanced sailing and windsurfing instructor courses
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
King Edward VII Upper school, Melton Mowbray
7 GCSEs – 1 x A (geography), 5 x Cs & 1 x D
Date of Birth: 9th April 1973
Marital status: in committed relationship
Driving licence: full
INTEREST & HOBBIES:
Social engineering, democracy, empowerment, psychology, community choirs, composing & playing music (guitar, saxophone, piano & drums), singing & voice work, philosophy, anthroposophy, fitness, healthy eating, kite surfing, sailing.